facebook instagram tiktok
Advertisement

28 areas to shift to Alert Level 3-IATF

January 12, 2022 - Wednesday 7:01 PM by GDM

Article Banner Image

Presidential Spokesperson and Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles has announced the elevation of 28 areas to a restricter quarantine alert level. 

He said the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) on Wednesday, January 12, 2022, agreed to move the following provinces and cities to Alert Level 3.
 
The provinces in Luzon under Alert Level 3 are as follows: Benguet, Kalinga and Abra in the Cordillera Administrative Region; La Union, Ilocos Norte and Pangasinan in Region 1; Nueva Vizcaya, Isabela and Quirino in Region 2; Nueva Ecija and Tarlac in Region 3; Quezon Province in Region 4-A; Occidental Mindoro and Oriental Mindoro in Region 4-B; and Camarines Sur and Albay in Region 5 in Luzon.  
 
In the Visayas under Alert Level 3 are: Bacolod City, Aklan, Capiz and Antique in Region 6; Cebu City and Mandaue City in Region 7; and Tacloban City in Region 8.
 
In Mindanao, also under Alert Level 3 are the following: Cagayan de Oro City in Region 10; Davao City in Region 11; Butuan City and Agusan del Sur in CARAGA; and Cotabato City in BARMM.
 
He added all other provinces and cities not mentioned should remain under their current alert level classification. 

Nograles said he would have more announcements after tomorrow's discussion when asked about more details. 

"Will still have IATF meeting tomorrow to discuss alert level classification for other areas for January 16, 2022 to January 31, 2022," he said.

Earlier this week, several stakeholders were pushing for the shift of NCR to Alert Level 4. 

Nograles was the first to dismiss the suggestion, saying despite the uptick, there are positive signs that the region is managing the Omicron variant surge. 

 The new order for the 28 areas will take effect on Friday, January 14, 2022, until January 31, 2022.

Advertisement
Ads Image
Ads Image
Ads Image
Ads Image
Ads Image
Ads Image
Ads Image
Ads Image

Related News


Article Banner Image
DSWD provides assistance for strandees at Manila Port

The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) is currently at the Manila North Port Terminal, assisting 99 Badjaus who have been stranded since Jan. 17. A P5,000 financial assistance per family is being distributed. Family food packs, as well as personal and hygiene kits, are also distr...

5 days ago

Top Stories


Article Banner Image
DOJ indicts 4 over hacking of BDO accounts

The Department of Justice said state prosecutors indicted four individuals over the massive hacking of more than 700 BDO accounts in December 2021.  In a statement, the DOJ said they will file charges for violations of Republic Act 8484 or the Access Devices Regulation Act of 1998 and RA 101...

7 hours ago
Advertisement
Ads Image
Ads Image
Ads Image
Ads Image
Ads Image
Ads Image
Ads Image
Ads Image